Sunday 4 November 2012

Hi.
You were probably expecting a review of Kathryn Stockett's The Help. However, due to reasons of marking, I am going to wait until I have handed in my review and received a result, I shall refrain from posting the review.
However, I have another book for you.

Although not all my reviews are spoilery, which I do not consider this one to be, here is a little warning just in case.

Review Written: 3rd November 2012

Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick 

I think this is the first book series I have completed in a long time. Teen series that is. They are notorious for continuing for about 100 books. I am quite sad that the Hush Hush series finished at four. Alas, things do not last forever and Fitzpatrick ended on a good note. Things never got boring, dragged or had repeated storylines.

This book sees Nora Grey take up her role as the new leader of the Nephilim race. She has to be accepted as their leader, or she will die. With the help of Dante, who trains her, she will become a great leader. Except, Dante gives her devilcraft and she becomes addicted to it. Oh, and Dante is just a suspicious guy. War is coming between the Nephilim and the Fallen Angels, and Nora needs to lead her side to victory so that she, and her people, will be able to live out their lives in peace and not as vessels for fallen angels.

Patch is still as lovely as ever. I like how their relationship is on equal footing. She tells him that she does not deserve him. He agrees, telling her she deserves better. None of this, yeaaah, I'm good looking and you don't really deserve me nonsense. Fellow Nephilim Scott helps too in a bittersweet ending.

Two shocks are in store for you - one concerning Nora's best friend Vee and one concerning Scott. One happy, and one not.

It's a happy ending. I do like a good happy ending. I also believe characters in teenage supernatural books deserve happy endings for the amount of stuff they have to go through. However, it was sad saying goodbye to the world Fitzpatrick has created here. I hope to read more of her stuff soon.

NEXT REVIEW: RACHEL CAINE'S BITTER BLOOD


No comments:

Post a Comment