Sunday 5 August 2012





This review contains minor spoilers
                                                                                            

Review Written: 5th August 2012

Mr Darcy, Vampyre by Amanda Grange

I really enjoyed this book! Having not read the original Pride and Prejudice (I know, I'm terrible, I will be getting on that), I thought I wouldn't know any of the characters. However, this was not the case. The story mainly focuses on Elizabeth and Mr Darcy as well as a number of original characters to fit into the vampire story.

The book starts at the double wedding of Lizzy and Jane. Lizzy to Mr Darcy and Jane to Mr Bingley. The pair go their separate ways for a honeymoon tour. Although Elizabeth assumes she will be going back to Darcy's home to become Mistress of
Pemberley, the pair embark to France to visit some of his relatives and then to the Alps to visit a Count Polidori. He is clearly a vampire; I mean, he's a count living in a spooky castle in the Alps.

They have to flee the castle when a mob attacks taking them to Venice. Here they meet a Prince who takes a shine to Elizabeth. Already convinced that Darcy no longer loves her, Elizabeth is persuaded to go home by the Prince landing herself straight into a trap.

Does Darcy rescue her? Of course he does, and on the night Elizabeth decides to become a vampire to spend forever with her husband, they receive a visitor - Nicolei - who says he knows how to make Darcy mortal.

As said at the beginning, I really liked this book. It's a serious parody. Of course Darcy wasn't a vampire even if he does brood enough to be one, but it mixes the classics with a genre that is popular today. 

NEXT REVIEW: AMY PLUM'S UNTIL I DIE

No comments:

Post a Comment